Garbage Disposal Repair & Installation Across Waldorf
The garbage disposal is a revolutionary kitchen appliance and has made disposing of food waste easier in almost every home. As beneficial as garbage disposals are, they’re still fallible. It doesn’t matter if your disposal is leaking, clogging, or just not working, Genevie Plumbing can help. Simply give us a call!
Is Your Garbage Disposal Not Working Properly?
Many issues can result in garbage disposal malfunctions. Common situations we see with malfunctioning garbage disposal include, but are not limited to, the following:
No power:You can first check your breaker. However, if that doesn’t fix it, then the motor may be worn out.
Jamming: Often caused by something dropped into the disposal i.e coins, kitchen utensils, etc. Never reach your hand in the garbage disposal!
Clogged: These can typically be solved with a drain snake. However, if it requires you to break down your disposal, it’s best to call a professional.
Excessive Noise: Bones and other objects can make noise if they get in your garbage disposal. Although loose screws, broken flyweights, can all be a cause and do significant damage to your sink and pipes as well.
Leaks: Usually when a disposal is leaking, the external seals are gone. If this is the case, the best course of action would be to replace the disposal.
The Dos & Don’ts of a Garbage Disposal
- Keep your garbage disposal clean by grinding up an orange or lemon and running cold (not hot) water.
- Use it regularly to avoid rust and corrosion and ensure all parts are working correctly.
- Cut large items into small pieces and place them in one at a time or slowly.
- Sharpen the blade by grinding up ice.
- Don’t put foods such as stringy vegetables, starchy vegetables, bones, eggshells, fruit pies, coffee grounds, rice, pasta, or loose tea in your disposal.
- Don’t grind materials such as glass, plastic, metal, or paper.
- Don’t pour grease, oil, or fat since it can cause a clog in the future.
- Don’t use hard chemicals to clean your drain since they can damage the blades.
When Is It Time To Replace Your Garbage Disposal?
If your garbage disposal begins to break down, there are some signs you can look for before it completely stops:
- Be aware of unusual noises, such as grinding, when you turn it on.
- Major clogs could indicate that your disposal needs to be replaced.
- If it doesn’t turn on, it could be a circuit, or it could require a complete replacement.
Benefits Of Our Services
We offer complete maintenance services, including installation and replacement of garbage disposals. We know how essential and convenient they have become in our lives, and not having one does make a difference.
If you want your equipment fixed promptly, simply give us a call. One of our professionals will look to identify the actual problem you’re having with your garbage disposal and, before long, it’ll be resolved!
Book Your Appointment Today!
If you need your garbage disposal repaired, installed, or replaced, we can help!
Before you reach in, give us a call. Garbage disposals can be dangerous to fix on your own, so leave it to the professionals. We have 24/7 emergency services to help you spin right back on track.