Extending the life of your water heater can save you money. It’s troubling when we’re forced to pay large repair bills due to a simple issue such as a faulty water heater, which is why keeping it in good condition is essential. Genevie Plumbing is a reliable, professional plumbing service in Waldorf that can help extend the life of your water heater and, if necessary, replace it with a new one. With regular maintenance and the right tips, you can ensure that your water heater runs properly for years to come.
If you require water heater maintenance or replacement, Genevie Plumbing is here to help. Contact us online or call 301-645-1759 to schedule an appointment today!
Essential Tips to Help You Get the Most Out of Your Water Heater
A water heater is essential to any home, providing hot water for showering, washing dishes, and doing laundry. However, like any other appliance, a water heater has a limited lifespan. The average lifespan of a water heater is 8-12 years, but with proper maintenance, it can be extended. Here are some tips on how to extend the life of your water heater.
- Insulate the water heater: Insulating your water heater can help keep the water inside it hot, reducing the energy needed to heat the water. This can help to extend the life of your water heater by reducing wear and tear on the heating element. Insulation is relatively inexpensive and easy to install, making it a great way to extend the life of your water heater.
- Drain the water heater: Draining the water heater can help to remove sediment and mineral buildup that can cause damage to the heating element and tank. Draining the water heater should be done annually, and it is a simple process that can be done by most homeowners.
- Adjust the temperature: Setting the temperature of your water heater too high can cause damage to the heating element and tank. A water temperature of 120 degrees Fahrenheit is sufficient for most households. By reducing the temperature, you can help to extend the life of your water heater and save money on your energy bills.
- Check the pressure relief valve: The pressure relief valve is an important safety feature that is designed to release pressure if the water heater becomes too pressurized. This valve should be checked annually to make sure it is working properly. If the valve is not working, it can cause damage to the water heater and may even cause it to fail.
- Check the anode rod: An anode rod is a metal rod that is designed to corrode instead of the tank. This helps to extend the life of the water heater. The anode rod should be checked and replaced if necessary, to ensure that the water heater is protected from corrosion.
- Conduct regular maintenance: Regular maintenance is key to extending the life of your water heater. This includes checking the temperature and pressure, flushing the tank, and checking the anode rod. A professional plumber can help you with regular maintenance and can also help to identify and repair any problems with your water heater.
- Upgrade to a newer model: If your water heater is getting old, it may be time to consider upgrading to a newer model. Newer models are more energy-efficient, which can help to save money on your energy bills. They also come with newer features and technologies that can help extend your water heater’s life.
Get a Professional Plumbing Service
A water heater is an essential part of any home, providing hot water for showering, washing dishes, and doing laundry. If you need clarification on any of the steps or have any concerns, it’s always best to consult with a professional plumber.
Don’t let your water heater become a problem. Keep it running smoothly with regular maintenance and upgrades. When it’s time for a replacement, trust the experts at Genevie Plumbing in Waldorf for all your water heater replacement needs. Contact us online or call 301-645-1759 today!